Jason Wilde breaks down the Green Bay Packers' roster by position in a nine-part series, looking at the team's depth, competitions for playing time and which players to watch out for this season.
“I think in general, for all players, having competition usually elevates their game,” general manager Brian Gutekunst said.
Coach Matt LaFleur said near the end of the team’s virtual offseason program that Dillon joining forces with Jones and Williams doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust time in Green Bay this season.
“For them to not pick a guy early on, to me, says they really like our (wide receivers),” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said midway through the virtual offseason program.
“We’re really excited about Jace and where he can go. I think the sky’s the limit,” Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst says.
Replacing right tackle Bryan Bulaga, who started 124 career games (including playoffs) in Green Bay, is no easy task.
5 updates to this series since Updated
As featured on
“We’re all in this sucker together,” coach Matt LaFleur said.
“Obviously, this year presents different types of challenges than years past. And it’s crazy to think of, that those are the types of conversations that we have to have in order to play,” Rodgers said. “But that’s the reality we live in.”
"This is a tricky time in the world, but at the same time, it’s something that I truly believe that we cannot necessarily run from. With all the options weighed and everything taken in account, obviously I’m here and I decided to play,” Adams says.
- Humidity: 59%
- Cloud Coverage:%
- Wind: 2 mph
- UV Index: 7 High
- Sunrise: 05:39:41 AM
- Sunset: 08:06:16 PM
Sunny. High 86F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Clear skies. Low 57F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunny skies. High 92F. Winds light and variable.
- Trump Signs Order to Create new $400 Weekly Unemployment Payments
- Trump signs executive orders to extend unemployment benefits, suspend some payroll taxes, defer
- Idaho judge says GOP-backed anti-transgender birth certificate law violates injunction
- Trump says he'll sign executive orders extending unemployment benefits, deferring some payroll taxes
- For 2nd Time, Federal Judge Rules Idaho Can't Ban Gender Changes on Birth Certificates
- Appeals court orders new trial for Idaho man convicted in Nevada Bundy ranch standoff
- Positive COVID-19 test rate declines after plateau
- UI Football may Still Play Non-Conference Games This Fall
- Eluding and Burglary Suspect On Run in Waha Shot and Killed, Cabin Owner Charged With 2nd Degree Murder
- 38-Year-Old Lewiston Man Dies in Fatal Motorcycle Crash Early Monday Morning
- Day 1 of Daybell Hearing Reveals Disturbing Details About Children's Remains
- Man Hospitalized After July 31 Thain Road Crash Looking for Those who Helped at the Scene
- Update on Search in Waha Area For Man Involved in Pursuit With Deputies, Suspect Identified But Still At Large
- One Person Air Lifted to Hospital After Serious Crash Involving Motorcycle Near Ahsahka
- Investigation Launched After City of Lapwai Identifies Evidence Suggesting Potential Theft of Public Funds
- Signatures Submitted in Two More Oregon Counties to Put Moving Idaho Border on November Ballot
- Clarkston School District Announces Plans For Fall 2020 Which Include In-Person Learning and Mask Requirements
- Twelve Arrested in Western Washington Takedown of Drug Trafficking Organization
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.