Generic Crime Scene

**STORY UPDATE 7/22/21**

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office has identified all three individuals involved in Monday’s shooting in Kamiah. At the time of the incident, all three were residents of the motel where the shooting occurred. While the investigation is ongoing, the incident is being investigated as a murder – suicide.

Witnesses say the suspect took his own life with a self-inflicted gunshot wound upon the arrival sheriff’s deputies. Moments before, witnesses say, the suspect fired shots into a parked vehicle belonging to one of the victims, and shot and killed the two victims in or near the rooms where they were staying.

“We appreciate the cooperation of witnesses and others who are helping us piece together what happened. This incident is exceptionally tragic for all involved. Our prayers go out to those impacted,” said Lewis County Sheriff Jason Davis.

In cooperation with the Lewis County Coroner’s Office, the victims of Monday’s shooting are identified as, 31-year-old Maden McAnear, and 57-year-old Chip Brooks.

The suspected shooter has been identified as 71-year-old Ronald Port.

Again, the investigation into Monday’s incident remains ongoing. The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office is being assisted by the Idaho State Police, the Nezperce, and Idaho County Coroners and Kamiah Fire-Rescue.

Original Story

KAMIAH - The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Monday evening shooting at the Sundown Motel on the 1000 block of 3rd Street in Kamiah.

Lewis County deputies responded to the motel at approximately 5:00 p.m. Monday, after receiving a call of shots fired. According to the Lewis County Sheriff's Office, the shooting left three people dead.

A LCSO press release says the incident is being investigated as a possible murder-suicide. It appears all individuals involved were acquainted with each other. Their names have not been released. Identities of those involved will be released following notification of family and as the investigation allows, say police.

The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office is working with detectives from the Idaho State Police. As the investigation remains ongoing.

Investigators do not believe there is any ongoing threat connected with this incident.