LEWISTON, ID - A stolen pickup and trailer were recovered when someone alerted the Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office on Thursday, after seeing it posted on the Big Country News Connection Facebook page Thursday morning, according to the owner of the stolen property.
Mat Bonebrake, of Bonebrake Construction, says there was extensive damage to the pickup and trailer, and many tools are missing. "I honestly would have rather found the tools than the truck and trailer," said Bonebrake. The 2001 Ford F350 and trailer were found at an abandoned residence in the 1900 block of Gun Club Road in Lewiston.
Some of the missing items are listed below:
- Rigid impact gun and drill with 79696 scratched into the battery connection area
- Porter Cable roofing nail gun with 84175 scratched into trigger area
- Bostich plastic cap nailer with 84176 scratched into trigger guard.
- Makita 36 volt cordless circular saw with MB scratched into it and serial number 0158076
- Four Makita Batteries with MB scratched into them
- 2 Makita drills and 2 Makita impact guns, one set with NB written on it and one set with BLM written on it.
- Various drywall knives with NB and MB written on them.
Bonebrake is spreading the word in hopes that if an attempt is made to sell the items it may lead to those responsible being captured, and the return of his property.