LEWISTON, ID - According to the Nez Perce County Sheriff's Office, the area is seeing an increase in reported thefts from vehicles and residences. The NPCSO issued a warning Sunday afternoon that says residents should remember to lock their vehicles, as some of the recent thefts have occurred out of unlocked vehicles. The department's advisory says vehicle owners should hide any valuables that are in the vehicle so they are less of a target for thieves, and if you see something - report it. Deputies are looking to talk to anyone who has noticed recent suspicious activity that might lead to solving the recent string of thefts. If you have any information, call (208) 799-3131.
- Humidity: 76%
- Cloud Coverage:%
- Wind: 3 mph
- UV Index: 3 Moderate
- Sunrise: 06:30:55 AM
- Sunset: 06:52:28 PM
Cloudy skies. Expect widespread areas of smoke and haze, reducing visibility at times. High 74F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Cloudy with occasional showers overnight. Areas of smoke and haze are possible, reducing visibility at times. Low 59F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 70F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
- NEW REPORT: COVID-19 Contact Tracing Efforts are Falling Short in Washington State
- Clarkston Resident Todd Fuller Recognized With 2020 National Everyday Hero Award By National Down Syndrome Congress
- Gov. Inslee on bringing infected apples to E. Washington: "We regret that mistake."
- Inslee brings infected apples on visits to fire areas
- Report: 75% of Idaho Sewage Plants Failing to Meet Clean Water Act Standards
- Fire Investigators Unable to Determine Cause of March Fire That Destroyed Fonks Coffeehouse in Colfax
- Final Plans and Estimates For Aht'Wy Interchange Project on US95/12 Expected to be Complete in 4-6 Months
- Animals' Susceptibility to Coronavirus Subject of University of Idaho Research
- Crews Battling new Blaze off Wawawai Road in Whitman County
- Fatal Crash Sparks Small Wildfire Near Orofino
- 23-Year-Old Lewiston Man Wanted on Arrest Warrant After Failing to Appear at Trial For Felony Eluding
- U.S. Department of Transportation Awards Nez Perce Tribe $19.1 Million to Help Rebuild Aht'Wy Interchange and Plaza Area on US95/12
- Hazardous Air Quality Likely to Continue into Monday
- Senior Washington AG Investigator Placed on Leave After Flap Over BLM at Tacoma Restaurant
- Fire Crews Make Significant Progress on Containment of Sunnyside Complex Fires; Community Meeting Scheduled For Saturday, September 12
- Ten Percent of Oregon Told to Evacuate
- Sunnyside Complex Fires Outside Orofino Now Estimated at Combined 3,500 Acres; 10% Containment on Fire Perimeter
- Fire Near Elk City Quickly Grows to Approximately 6,000 Acres
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.