LEWISTON - On the night of Friday, January 14 at approximately 10:00 p.m., the Lewiston Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 505 24th Street North space #114. The initial caller had stated the fire was in a storage shed and threatening other structures.
First arriving crews found the shed to be fully involved in fire. Crews worked quickly and were able to knock down the fire before it could spread to any other structures.
According to the Lewiston Fire Department, after discovering the fire, the homeowners made the emergency call and helped evacuate all the surrounding structures.
Damage from the blaze was limited to the contents of the storage building and some appliances stored outside. The cause of the fire was determined to be an overloaded electrical cord and the estimated damage to the shed and its contents is $3,000. There were no citizen or firefighter injuries reported.
The Lewiston Fire Department responded with two structural engines, one ambulance, one chief officer and two fire inspectors for a total of eight personnel.