KAMIAH - On Thursday, January 20, 2022 just before 1:00 p.m., Kamiah Fire-Rescue was dispatched to Freedom Northwest Credit Union (303 Main Street) in Kamiah for a report of smoke inside the building.
Kamiah Fire-Rescue responded to the scene with Command 20, Engine 22 and Medic 21. First arriving crews found smoke in the structure along with a strong electrical smell.
According to KFR, the smoke was determined to be coming from one of the buildings HVAC units that was having issues. KFR crews were able to use a ladder and gain roof access to assess the problem.
All staff and members are safe and there were no injuries reported.
Due to the incident, Freedom Northwest Credit Union in Kamiah is closed for the remainder of the day Thursday. The branch will re-open tomorrow, Friday January 21 for regular business hours.